Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Meghan Leonard's Amazing Mom Transformation















31 year old mom of a 4 year old son. "Being a mom is the most rewarding and challenging thing I've ever done. I had always been an active person, working out and playing competitive sports, but after becoming a single parent I found it much more difficult to commit to team sports and other types of exercise because of childcare issues. I decided that I would find activities that I could do with my son as well making a very conscious effort to make time for myself and fitness. When I learned of competing in fitness, I was intrigued and terrified. Something I never contemplated doing, however I love pushing the limits and setting new challenges and so I committed to an 11 week plan. I placed 4th of 12 in my first IDFA competition. My Son was very impressed with my medal although he keeps asking me to go back and win the trophy! It was a challenging journey but more importantly it has taught me self-motivation, self-discipline, and has given me confidence that I carry with me. It gave me a sense of empowerment, strength and a new focus".

#1 tip in staying fit and balancing being a mom: (BE CREATIVE AND INCLUDE YOUR CHILDREN IN YOUR FITNESS, I.E STROLLER CLASSES, BIKE RIDES) When my son was a baby I did a lot of mom and baby stroller fit classes. Now that my son is older we find ways to do cardio together i.e. bike rides or I will run while he is riding his bike, tobogganing and skiing are also fun family activities. I also manage my fitness time wisely, I like to use my lunch hour at work for weight training and then in the evenings I can spend more time with my son.

Turkey Burgers

Ground turkey, lots of fresh basil, chopped onions, lemon juice

Mix together and make 4 oz. patties

Bake at 400 for 20 min

Freeze for quick dinners when you are on the run

Great turkey burgers for the kids with a whole wheat bun and cheese

Great with a spinach salad for mommy!


www.endurance8health.com

No comments:

Post a Comment